Race Meeting Cancellation

Off Road Series Round 1 – Sunday 29th April

It’s finally happened – we’ve been beaten by the weather! MERCC does not like to be defeated, and this is a very rare occurrence for us as it has been some time since a Meeting has had to be cancelled due to the weather! However, even Braxted (“It rarely rains at Braxted”, I’m always joking!) has not escaped the extremes of weather for the past two weeks that we have all been experiencing – rain every day, hail, etc. This has meant that the field and track has become waterlogged and, added to this, it has been impossible for any grass-cutting to be done since the last Meeting. The forecast is not good for the weekend, particularly for Sunday, with more rain expected. All-in-all, a gloomy picture.

It has been decided that it would be better to cancel next Sunday’s event at this stage, rather than take a risk. If you know of anyone who had intended to race, would you please be kind enough to let them know. The next Meeting will therefore be the Bank Holiday Monday ‘Open’ on 7th May and the weather must have improved by then!

On behalf of MERCC, please accept my sincere apologies for this bad news, but I’m sure you will appreciate that the decision to cancel is in the best interests of everyone.
Keith Wright
Chairman, MERCC

This entry was posted in Car, Essex, Model, Off Road, Racing, Radio Control. Bookmark the permalink.