Race Meeting Cancellation

Bank Holiday Monday Open – Monday 7th May

I have to be the bearer, once again, of some more bad news. Since my last message informing you of the necessity to cancel last Sunday’s Race Meeting, I have to tell you that there is no way in which we will be able to hold the Open Meeting on Bank Holiday Monday. The bad weather has impacted badly on the track area and field, to the extent that it is completely waterlogged. One of our Committee Members has checked the situation and describes it as “suitable for amphibious vehicles and hovercraft only” and that waders would be needed to negotiate the field! We have never experienced conditions like this before and, even if were possible to cut the grass in time, it would be foolhardy and very unwise to attempt to drive onto the field. I know that the weather forecast predicts dry periods, but the outlook as far as rain is concerned is not good. Please do not be tempted to go to Braxted!

In the circumstances, Monday’s event is cancelled and we will have to keep out fingers crossed that conditions will have improved before the next Meeting scheduled for Sunday 13th May – this will now become Round 1 of the Off-Road Series.

We will try to slot some extra Meetings in later in the season if possible to compensate, and on behalf of MERCC please accept our sincere apologies. Prevention is better than cure, and I’m sure you will agree that the decision to cancel is the correct one.
Keith Wright
Chairman, MERCC

This entry was posted in Car, Essex, Model, Off Road, Racing, Radio Control. Bookmark the permalink.