Meeting Cancellation

Cancellation of Race Meeting, Sunday 21st October

Bad news – yet again! Unfortunately the Meeting scheduled for tomorrow (End of Season ‘Open’/Last Round of Braxted Series) will have to be cancelled. I inspected the field and track late this morning and found that the whole area is saturated due to the recent rain. With more rain forecast for tonight/tomorrow the situation can only get worse. At present it would be very unwise to attempt to drive onto the field, let alone use the track. In the circumstances, therefore, the only option is to cancel racing for tomorrow.

If the weather forecast is correct for the rest of the coming week this will allow the area to dry out and give us the chance to re-schedule the Meeting for next Sunday, 28th October. We do not usually continue after mid-October, but hopefully the Weather Gods will relent and allow us to end the season on a high! There are plenty of trophies to dish out, so please say a few prayers for us!

I would be most grateful if you would be kind enough to pass on this information to any drivers you know who may not have internet/Facebook access, and who may have intended racing at Braxted tomorrow.

Hope to see you on Sunday 28th October at Braxted.
Keith Wright
Chairman, MERCC

This entry was posted in Car, Essex, Model, Off Road, Racing, Radio Control. Bookmark the permalink.